Doctor insights on:
What Should I Avoid Eating Before And After An Open Heart Surgery
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
Valve or vessel?: Prudent diet good idea for all. Avoid high fat, sugary, high salt, processed meats, processed grains. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, whole train bread, cereal, pasta, low fat or no fat dairy, poultry, fish. Dash diet (online): dietary approach to stop hypertension is tasty, nutritious, easy, has data supporting its use. There are others as well. Talk to dietician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Hopefully improvement in symptoms. If the surgery is for coronary disease and chest pain, doing away with the pain. If it is for a leaking or too tight valve, improvement in things like fatigue and shortness of breath. There of course can be bad consequences such as rhythm problems, kidney failure, anemia, fluid around the lung, pain in the incision, stroke, and even death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do before and after an eye surgery?
- What is a good diet after open heart surgery?
- What are the consequences after an open heart surgery on a patient?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Costochondritis after open heart surgery
- Anxiety after open heart surgery
- Problems after open heart surgery
- Bleeding after open heart surgery
- Talk to a cardiologist online