Doctor insights on:
What Should A Patient Expect During A Lithotripsy Treatment
Yes, like any other.: Lithotripsy is a generally safe and well tolerated procedure. Tens of thousands of these procedures are performed in the U.S. Annually. If the patient has health problems, or the stone is large and dense, complication rates may increase. Bleeding, infection, failure to pass stone fragments, blockage of the kidney requiring additional procedures, and pain are some of the possible complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No need: Side effects from eswl have very little to do with intercourse. There is no reason to abstain from intercourse after eswl, unless it is very vigorous. This can potentially cause bleeding from an injured kidney, but in general, there is no contraindications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See answer: Most patients can undergo this procedure, which can often be done with IV sedation as opposed to general anesthesia. Patients must be off blood thinners (eg, aspirin, plavix, coumadin, pradaxa) and have no active infection. Success rates are best in stones less than 2 cm. Anatomic abnormalities (eg, ureteral stricture or horseshoe kidney) must be taken into account. ...Read more
Pubic hair: Typically, the answer is no. Shaving isn't necessary. ...Read more
Dear sir i want to know whether surgery is better or lithotripsy for 6 mm stone in the uterus tube.Patient age is 74 and he is diabetic and hypertenso?
What specialist types use non-surgical treatments for gallstones? So either lithotripsy or oral or contact dissolution therapy.
Start with GI Doc: Probably the best place to start is w/a gastroenterologist--they can determine if you are a candidate for urso. I haven't seen lithotripsy offered for over 20 years-that may take some digging. Of course, with either of these rx 's, the stones will re-form. Cholecystectomy remains the "gold-standard" for rx. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What foods should a kidney dialysis patient eat?
- What can go wrong during a kidney dialysis treatment?
- What should a dialysis patient eat for breakfast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What diet should a patient of iga nephropathy follow?
- I am going for a dobutamine stress echo cardiogram what should i expect
- What should i expect at a breast reduction consultation?
- What kind of accessories should a quarterback wear during a football game?
- Talk to a urologist online for free