Doctor insights on:
What Should A Normal Blood Sugar Reading Be
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Less than 100 mg/dl.: Less than 100 mg/dl.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not diabetic. Checked blood in morning. Ranges are 78-90. Is it normal for my blood sugar reading to not raise very much? Sometimes goes down right after a meal. Will it keep going down? Or balance.
Any truth to the claim that consuming more fat, include trans fat, and little/no sugar will bring blood glucose level to normal range? Exercise too.
Don't get your life: With diabetes, you need to be monitored closely as you experiment. Don't expect miraculous results from swapping calories from one group to another. It's much more to your credit that you're exercising, and this will be a huge help to you -- as will simply being pro-active about your health. Best wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal blood sugar level reading?
- What is normal blood sugar reading 2 hours after eating?
- What should be the normal sugar level in blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal blood presure reading?
- What causes low blood sugar readings?
- What is the normal for blood sugar?
- What is considered a normal blood pressure reading?
- What should your blood sugar reading be?