Doctor insights on:
What's An Occupational Therapist
You need a Master's.: After getting a Bachelor's degree (typically four years) you need to get a Master's in Occupational Therapy. But that is not all: you need a a state license for where you want to practice. Many employers want you to have at least one year experience also. Look for a good OT program. The road is long but can be rewarding. My OT friends love what they do to help people. ...Read more
Occupational therapi: It is like any other medical profession where you come in contact with many different patients and design specific therapies for each one of them and help improve their life and get paid as well.It can be very satisfying and other times it can be frustrating as well. ...Read more
See below: Ot do a lot of different things. They help people regain independence with things like dressing, bathing, toileting, showering etc after illness and other disabling conditions like strokes, head and spinal cord injuries. They also help people with who have problems with their hands like rheumatoid arthritis or who have had amputations of parts of the upper extremities. ...Read more
OT: An ot helps people of all ages to improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living & working environments. They help people with disabilities to improve their skills, such as motor functions & reasoning skills. Examples are using computers, cooking, dressing, eating, muscle strength, visual acuity, problem solving, etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What degree do you need to be an occupational therapist?
- What degree do you need to become an occupational therapist?
- What do occupational therapists wear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Occupational therapists
- What do occupational therapists do for children with cerebral palsy?
- Therapeutic exercises for cerebral palsy with an occupational therapist
- What's the latest you can have an abortion
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free