Doctor insights on:
What R D Pros N Cons In Taking Creatine Tnx
Creatine supplement: One 28-day study found that 20 gm/d produced statistically significant increases in strength, body weight, and fat-free mass. A summary of 31 studies of repetitive, short-duration (< 30 secs), high-intensity tasks suggest that oral creatine supplements can modestly improve performance. Adverse effects: rash, dyspnea, vomiting, diarrhea, nervousness, anxiety, fatigue, migraine, myopathy, & seizures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Good choice: Not everyone agrees but from my reading, creatine seems a good idea for a guy who wants to build up his muscle mass to get bigger faster. It's much more likely to work than "natural vitamin supplements". It is legal & seems save & won't leave you grotesque like anabolic steroids. It won't get you ripped / lean & it's not clear whether the muscle will be as strong as the same mass built without. ...Read more
I started taking mhp creatine for 2 weeks..then I started experiencing palpitations..I stopped then it went..Could it be d brand that is causing dis?
Not the brand: Creatine is likely safe when used appropriately and helps supply energy to active muscles. There is evidence that creatine use can improve athletic performance with less support for creatine increasing muscle strength. Creatine can cause palpitations in some and given your no prior history of palpitations, your experience on and off creatine, it is likely the culprit regardless of brand. ...Read more
Do not take creatine: Creatine as a supplement has been purported to increase speed and strength in the young athlete. It has been shown to have only a very modest benefit for short bursts of activity but there is great concern about the potential for kidney damage as a result of its use. There are no long-term studies to show that its use is safe. Student athletes should not use it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the pros and cons of taking acidophilus?
- What are the pros cons of taking fish oil capsules?
- What are the pros cons of teens taking protein shakes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the pros and cons of taking dhea for a teenager?
- What are the pros and cons of taking fertility drugs?
- Creatine supplements pros and cons
- What are the pros and cons of taking pre natle pills when your not pregnant?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free