Doctor insights on:
What Prenatal Vitamins Should Be Taken
One your body likes: There are many different prenatal vitamins. They have certain things in common but several differences. I would avoid one with artificial colors or flavors. Ginger is often added to prenatals because of its ability to treat nausea. It is safe. Some contain a lot of calcium which is constipating. It is best to get calcium from healthy unprocessed food together with other minerals ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ideally with 5-MTHF: Most prenatals are fairly similar but there's a subtle yet important difference. About 30% of people can't convert Folic Acid to its active form, l-5-mthf, so to be on the safe side it's best to take one with that form like prenatal nutrients (pure encapsulations) , basic prenatal (thorne) or prenatal pro (designs for health). These also have biotin, which is important, & natural e, not synthetic. ...Read more
Many reasons.: The most important ingredient in prenatal vitamin formulations is folic acid, a b-complex agent that has been shown to prevent birth defects (mainlyopen neural tube defects, heart anomalies and preterm birth) and calcium.Vitamin d to assure proper fetal bone growth and avoid maternal bone loss. All reproductive-age women should be taking at least 1 mg folate daily even if they don't plan pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should vitamins be taken with food
- What drink should i take with prenatal vitamins?
- Should vitamin b12 be taken with food
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should vitamin d be taken with calcium
- Vitamins should taken aldara cream
- Should vitamin d be taken with food
- What vitamins are not to be taken with plavix?
- Talk to a obstetric medicine specialist online for free