Doctor insights on:
What Physical Therapy Exercises Are Appropriate For Weak Knees
Quadriceps strength: Weak knees usually refer to weak quadriceps. Simple straight leg raises and wall sits are great exercises you can do under he supervision of a therapist as well as on your own between therapy visits. Stationary bikes, swimming, short arc squats, leg extension against resistance are all additional exercises often used to strengthen the quadriceps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Focus on quadriceps: Straight leg raises and quadriceps contractions are usually allowed and warranted to eventually allow for crutch free ambulation. Of course your specific injury and/or surgical intervention will ultimately dictate what you should do during your recovery. Your treating physician should be the best source of information for your specific knee injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My knee is grinding and clicking & locking. i already had one surgery. i've tried physical therapy, injections, exercises, meds. what can i do next. ?
4 weeks ago i fell and tore ligaments in both my left knee and ankle. Having two injuries on the same leg, what physical therapy exercises can I do?
See details: Without being able to examine the areas, it is impossible to offer specific advise. You should direct this question to the doctor who evaluated the knee and ankle. ...Read more
I've been doing physical therapy, but after exercise yesterday, why would I have lower back pain radiating into my knee and front knee on the right?
May Not Be Able To.: It is not always possible to get other people to do things they don't want to do. You can make the suggestion to go, offer to go with him, do the home exercises with him, etc. Sometimes making it into or tying it to a social activity, will increase their desire to participate. Check out local adult centers and fitness groups. Whatever his decision, be supportive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minimal needed: Most people should require only minimal therapy. My patients get 2-3 weeks of home therapy with isometric quad sets, straight leg raises if no back problems, short distance walking and stationary bike can start at 2-3 weeks. No aggrresive therapy that hurts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a torn meniscus?
- What are good physical therapy exercises for fingers?
- What are some good physical therapy exercises to do for a torn meniscus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a left thumb phalanx injury?
- What are physical therapy exercises for a finger?
- What are some physical therapy exercises i can do for my sprained hand?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for back and abdominal strength?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free