Doctor insights on:
What Percentage Of Women Have Abortions
Difficult # to find: The biggest influence on the decline of down syndrome births in the last 4 decades has been the introduction of oral contraceptives & or decision to undergo permanent sterilization. Many centers do not keep or record the reasons for the procedure.Some centers consider invasive sampling such as amniocentesis only if couples are likely to terminate even if screening tests were suggestive of ds. ...Read more
Belief?: It's not really a matter of belief: each state has laws that strictly determine how late an abortion can be perfomed legally. These laws differ between states, but are generally based on medical safety, beliefs about when life begins, and balancng rights of a woman with rights of her unborn. ...Read more
Chromosomal errors: The quality of eggs deteriorate with age and once fertilization occurs, these embryos have higher rate of chromosomal malformations leading to miscarriage. Other co-morbidities (diabetes, hypertension that is present at this age more than younger years) complicates issues further Best Wishes Dr M ...Read more
Varied : Some women have an abortion because they are pregnant at the wrong time in their lives. Other very desired pregnancies are terminated when the fetus is diagnosed with a severe malformation. I have also had mothers terminate because their health was in jeopardy. Life is not always straight forward. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What percentage of women who have an iud will get an ectopic pregnancy?
- What percent of women regret having an abortion?
- What percentage of women have endometriosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What percentage of people have colon polyps?
- Women with low sex drive after age 40 what percentage have the problem
- If i have a lot of abortions what will happen to my body
- What are the effects of women having low testosterone?
- Talk to a obstetric medicine specialist online for free