Doctor insights on:
What Percentage Of People Have Colon Polyps
Lots!: People have a 20-30% lifetime risk of growing a colon polyp! many never turn to cancer, and frequent checks should prevent most from turning to cancer by getting them out before they change, thus the recommendation for more frequent colonoscopies in those who have grown polyps before. Studies have clearly shown, colonoscopies prevent colon cancer! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Abnormal gowths : Neoplasia is a general term to describe abnormal growth pattern, cancer-like, unregulated by normal bodily control systems. Some colon polyps are destined to become cancerous, some are not, so all polyps are usually removed when they are found so we can distinguish the difference under the microscope, not by appearance which can fool you. ...Read more
By scope vs. surgery: If your colon polyps are identified colonoscopically, they can be removed piecemeal by cold biopsy, or cauterized by wrapping a snare around the polyp & adding electricity. Even large polyps can be colonoscopically removed in their entirety by emr (endoscopic mucosal resection). Invasive adenomas, dysplastic polyps, & frank malignancies may require surgery (usually laparoscopic). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What percentage of people have cancer?
- Colon polyps in young people
- I think i have tinnitus what percentage of the people have it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are precancerous colon polyps?
- What is a polyp in your colon?
- What cause colon polyps?
- What are symptoms of polyps in the colon?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online