Doctor insights on:
What Percentage Of People Have Colon Polyps
Lots!: People have a 20-30% lifetime risk of growing a colon polyp! many never turn to cancer, and frequent checks should prevent most from turning to cancer by getting them out before they change, thus the recommendation for more frequent colonoscopies in those who have grown polyps before. Studies have clearly shown, colonoscopies prevent colon cancer! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Colonic polyps is also known as Colon polyps. Colonic polyps are round growths along the wall of your large bowels. They are a very common finding in the elderly population. However, they are associated with increased risk of colon cancer, especially when an individual has many hundreds of these polyps and/or gets the polyps ...Read more
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely high: Depending on the nature of the previous polyps, and other risk factors, polyp recurrence can be almost a certainty over time in young patients. In some people, polyps develop quickly. You should review your risk for polyps with whoever did your last colonoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You are not.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if i have a lot of potassium loss from colon polyps?
- I think i have tinnitus what percentage of the people have it
- What percentage of people have cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the reasons that people have momentary losses of balance?
- What percentage of women who have an iud will get an ectopic pregnancy?
- What type of learning disability do people with marfan syndrome usually have?
- What are the most common causes of sepsis in people that do not have a spleen?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online