Doctor insights on:
Effects Of Bulimia
Physically dangerous: Bulimia may cause electrolyte imbalances that may lead to heart failure, as well as esophageal and gastric ruptures, all of which may be fatal. Other medical complications for bulimia include bone loss, osteoporosis, dehydration, kidney disease, anemia and low white cell counts, which lowers the immune system and creates vulnerability to disease and infection. Also, gum disease, tooth decay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bulimia: Bulimia can ultimately cause death. Along the way, it can cause: cheek swelling/soreness; gum disease; tooth enamel erosion ; cavities; throat irritation; ruptured esophagus; GI bleeding; stomach pain ; delayed emptying; fatigue; anemia; irregular heartbeats; heart failure; dehydration; electrolyte disturbances; irregular/absent menses; abdominal cramping http://tinyurl.Com/34sc4p. ...Read more
It sure can: Recurrently binging and vomiting food can result in esophageal and stomach inflammation or injury -- which definitely harms your digestion. Also bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and intestinal cramping can result. Please get help with this condition -- you can start with your family physician and build a treatment team with others. http://tinyurl.com/34sc4p. ...Read more
Not only that: Many things can lead to a bulimia relapse -- there is no "the" cause. Triggers may be different for each person, and part of the work of therapy is learning about them so as to work with them when they arise in daily life. For some people, chronic anger and loneliness may be big issues. Concerns about body image may flare too. There are many more possibilities. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What parts of the body are affected by color blindness?
- What are the parts of the body cirrhosis affected by cirrhosis?
- Which parts of the body are most commonly affected by warts
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which areas of the body are most affected by gonorrhea
- What parts of the body are impacted by multiple sclerosis?
- What are the body systems affected by hypertension?
- What body parts are affected by palpitation or irregular heartbeat?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free