Doctor insights on:
What Pain Reliever Is Used For Wisdom Teeth Removal
Varies: Depends on the severity of the wisdom tooth impaction. I often remove wisdom teeth in my clinic with nitrous oxide and the local anesthetic articaine. If they are partially or completely impacted, an oral surgeon may use IV sedation and local anesthetic. This is a good option because you are not conscious of the procedure but not all the way under like general anesthesia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: How many days ago did you have your wisdom teeth? Patients tend to be sore for 3-7 days after wisdom teeth removal. Sometimes there is discomfort for 2 weeks depending on the patient, health issues, pain threshold, patient compliance etc. See your dds for a follow up visit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not uncommon: Unfortunately most wisdom teeth surgery is accompanied by some degree of pain up to 3 weeks. For the pain management, you can take an Rx medication by your oral surgeon and alternate with NSAIDs OTC. If concerned, visit your surgeon for post-op appointment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See a dentist: You need to see a dentist for a clinical and radiographic examination to determine why you are having pain from your wisdom teeth. Before you can treat a problem, you first have to identify and diagnose the source of the problem so that the appropriate recommendations and/or options can be provided. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1 to 5 days : Depending on how easily the tooth was to extract, post operative pain can extend from 2 to 5 days. The key is good home care after surgery. Do not suck liquids through straws, slurp soups, smoke or spit. Take prescriptions are instructed and apply cold compress to your face. Rest and eat soft foods and make sure to drink plenty of water. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What home remedy is good for wisdom teeth pain?
- What is the best narcotic pain reliever for chronic pain?
- What is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the more powerful pain killer rather than ultracet for teeth problem?
- What is wisdom teeth removal called?
- Best pain reliever for wisdom teeth
- What is good for wisdom tooth pain?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free