Doctor insights on:
What Over The Counter Medicine Can I Use To Permenantly Treat Vaginal Dryness
No OTC's: There are no over the counter remedies to permanently treat vaginal dryness. You can use otc vaginal lubricants to help your symptoms but for a more long term solution you'll need to talk with your doctor. If you are post-menopausal topical estrogen cream may be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Vaginal dryness is the sensation that comes with a lack of the normal secretions and/or thinning of the skin in the vagina. There are many causes of vaginal dryness. It may be caused by reduced estrogen levels, infection, medications, and other things. If over the counter lubricants don't work, see your physician ...Read more
Vaginal itching and unusual vaginal dryness after taking wrong OTC yeast infection medicines actually had BV ?
They lubricate: They do not treat the cause, they make it so you are lubricated. In many peri-menopausal and post menopausal women , the dryness is caused by lack of estrogen, so a small dose of vaginal estrogen twice a week can cure this problem. Sometimes lubricants are also used. If you are younger , you need to have your estrogen levels checked as they may be too low and this can be treated., so see your gyn. ...Read more
Vaginal estrogen: Works very well, it is low dose and if you do not have any contraindications , it is very safe to use, the vast majority of it stays in heh vagina, and just a small amount gets into your circulation. There are 2 types of creams and 1 vaginal pill and a vaginal ring. In most of my patients i prefer using Estrace (estradiol) cream. ...Read more
Check this link: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/vaginal-dryness-beyond-the-basics?source=outline_link&view=text&anchor=H4#H4Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use over-the-counter wart medication to treat genital warts?
- What over counter medicines are good to treat impetigo?
- What is the best over-the-counter allergy medicine to use?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i by over-the-counter for anemia?
- What over-the-counter medicines are safe?
- What can i use to help vaginal tighten?
- Can i use over-the-counter medication to combat skin fungal infections?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free