Doctor insights on:
What Over The Counter Drugs Can Help You Sleep
Discuss with MD: Please don't rely on internet searches to answer this question. Have a consult with your own physician who knows you, your medical history, possible causes of difficulty in sleeping, and how best to help you. This is not a cookbook recipe issue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would not advise: Trazodone dose is normally adjusted to improve sleep; adding a separate sleep aid makes it difficult to figure out when you have achieved the best dose of trazodone for your condition. You & your doctor will work together toward three obectives with dosing.Trazodone should help you 1 fall asleep quickly 2. Remain asleep all night 3.Not leave you groggy in the morning. See your doctor if needed. ...Read more
The choice is yours.: I will make some natural remedy suggestions: valerian root, chamomile and melatonin. If those aren't available to you - benardryl is easy to get. Make sure you are using excellent sleep hygiene. Retire ; rise same time each day. Keep bedroom dark ; cool ; use only for sex ; sleep. Turn off tv. No naps. Exercise regularly but not in late evening. No caffeine for 6 hrs ; no alcohol or tobacco >. ...Read more
See your doctor: Over the counter sleep-aids like melatonin & Benadryl (diphenhydramine) are only effective for certain types of sleep disturbances. There are prescription medications and other home-remedies that are quite effective.Your doctor can also evaluate you for causes of sleep deprivation, like sleep apnea or anxiety. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you take over-the-counter to help with the digestion of food?
- What over-the-counter herbs can help you lose weight?
- What over-the-counter medications can help with cellulitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take over the counter drugs while pregnant?
- What sleeping tablets can i buy over-the-counter?
- Is there anything over-the-counter to help sleep apnea?
- What is the best over-the-counter fertility drug?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free