Doctor insights on:
What Other Illnesses Can Be Mistaken For Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
Yes, in a way!: Thyroid hormones affect metabolism. High levels (above normal) are usually caused by grave's disease, solitary functioning nodule, and taking too much thyroid medication. Hgiher than normal thyroid levels increase your bodies sensitivity to catecholamines, thereby raising heart rate, increasing body heat, and sometimes causing weight loss. This is an unatural state and should be corrected. ...Read more
TSIgG: The test, thyroid stimulating igg is most important! measuring tsh-receptor antibodies with the h-tbii assay has been proven efficient and was the most practical approach found in most studies. A low TSH would be expected as well. ...Read more
Graves' disease: Graves' disease is a type of hyperthyroidism, and it is typically an autoimmune process. Hyperthyroidism is simply the end result. There are other ways besides graves' disease that people can develop hyperthyroidism, including toxic nodules, certain medications and supplements, and temporary viral infections of the thyroid, among other causes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder when i was about 14 i believe it is hyperthyroidism I am now 27 it has been years since I have had it checked.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Other things pregnancy can be mistaken for
- What can be mistaken for herpes?
- Disorders mistaken for hyperthyroidism
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What else can be mistaken for a lung nodule?
- Thyroid disorder mistaken for mental illness
- What other illnesses have the same symptoms as meningitis?
- What other illnesses have similar symptoms to pheochromocytoma?
- What other diseases can be mistaken for hyperthyroidism?