Doctor insights on:
What Otc Meds For Constipation Can Be Taken During Pregnancy
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Lots of options: In my office we give patients a list of medications that are safe during pregnancy. The following meds and their generic equivalents can be used for constipation in pregnancy: metamucil, milk of magnesia, (magnesium hydroxide) Dulcolax oral or suppository, fiber supplements in general, high fiber foods and cereals, prune juice and if severe enough even an enema, though don't use this regularly as you contract from it. ...Read more
Constipation: Drink lots of water, increase the fiber in your diet with things like apples and green leafy vegetables, exercise if your doctor says ok. There is also a product called docusate sodium ( colace) that you can ask your doctor about. Some of the prenatals on the market even include this as the vitamins can cause constipation. This is a common complaint amongst pregnant patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the foods to be taken during pregnancy?
- What can i use for constipation during pregnancy?
- What can i take for constipation during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can tablets be taken for diabetes be taken during pregnancy?
- Can agnus castus be taken safely during pregnancy?
- Can xocai chocolate be taken during pregnancy?
- What otc meds is good for eczema?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online