Doctor insights on:
What Organism Causes Hepatitis B
Virus at early age: Hep b: common (world-wide) viral infection, commonly obtained at birth from mom who is chronic carrier (probably got it at birth from her mother). Adult onset (usually blood transmission, less likely sexual): better chance of being only acute, not chronic. "dose" of exposure, genotype, immune response all play a role. Can rx. Chr inf can lead to more liver problems, incl. Cirrhosis, failure, ca. ...Read more
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
Hepatitis: No correlation between the 2Get a more detailed answer ›
A virus: The hepatitis b virus is transmitted via blood transfusion or other blood exposures, sexually, and at the time of delivery from mother to child. It can cause chronic infection which may result in cirrhosis and even liver cancer. There is a vaccine to prevent infection licensed in the usa in 1982 and there are some medications that can be used to treat chronic infection. ...Read more
What are the possible causes of hepatitis B?
What are the symptoms of hepatitis B?
What are some drugs given to a hepatitis B patient?
It's a virus: Hepatitis B is a virus transmitted by coming in contact with the blood/body fluids of someone infected. Symptoms can be mild to severe & appear within 1-4 months: abdominal pain, dark urine, fever, joint pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue & yellowing of skin (jaundice). Acute hepatitis B often resolves with rest/good nutrition. Chronic: antivirals/interferon/liver transplant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I want to try anilingus on my girlfriend. I know this can cause many problems. Can i get a hepatitis b or a shot. Can I do this with out any risk?
To minimize risk: From rimming, wash the anal area prior to the activity and consider using some sort of barrier such as latex dam or even saran wrap. Infections transmissible from rimming include all the forms of gastroenteritis which may be viral, parasitic or bacterial. Hepatitis a can be transmitted this way but not hepatitis b. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Chronic hepatitis b can cause the liver to develop severe scarring from the longstanding inflammation the virus causes. The scarring, commonly referred to as cirrhosis, can be progressive such that more and more liver function is lost to scarring. Eventually there are too few healthy liver cells to remove toxins from the body and liver failure happens, usually over a period of years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus; a body made up of organs, organelles, or other parts that work together to carry on the various processes of life. 2. A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- What organism causes herpatitis b?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis c?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What pathogen causes hepatitis b?
- What organism causes pneumonia?
- What organism causes aids?
- What organism causes tuberculosis?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free