Doctor insights on:
What Organ Systems Work With The Digestive System
They are all: Each part of the digestive system has a special function. Check with your PCP ...Read more
Physiology: This cannot be answered in this short a space. All the organ systems in the body interact, most commonly with feedback mechanisms. Get a physiology textbook and begin reading. It may take you some time, particularly if you are not a biology student. ...Read more
Not really: Fasting will not clear your digestive system. It will empty at it's own rate. If you fast long enough it may empty somewhat but your metabolism will slow and eventually your body will begin to consume your muscular tissue for energy. ...Read more
Why ???: Question doesn't make senseGet a more detailed answer ›
Check this out: Follow this link to learn more about the anatomy & physiology of the digestive tract (http://www.Dasilvainstitute.Com/gastrointestinal-anatomy-physiology) summary: the GI tract is a single cell barrier of protection between the outside world & the inside of our body. Immune cells are numerous here. It digests (breaksdown) foods, and absorbs the nutrients & water to enter our blood stream. ...Read more
Absorbs Nutrients: That's a very complicated question and there is not an easy answer. The body breaks down the food you eat to its component parts and then absorbs that to create energy. You can find a lot of information at your local library or on the internet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does the digestive system work with the cardiovascular system?
- What other systems does the lymphatic system work with?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the digestive system work with the lymphatic system?
- How does the excretory system work with digestive system in the body?
- What body systems do the kidneys work with?
- What other systems does the respiratory system work with?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free