Doctor insights on:
What Organ Can Make You Vomit Blood
Hav barets eosophagus been sick with small amounts of blood in vomit daily tried to make appt with consultant no appts available 4 a while wot do I do?
Probably so: Two issues here: blood in the vomit is usually from relatively minor causes like a small tear (mallory-weiss), or irritation; however, it may be the prelude to or a sign of a more serious problem such as an ulcer. Your age and other issues are important too. The other issue is a fear of being spiked, so this suggests a need to assess "friends", situations and behavior choices to minimize risks. ...Read more
You need a doctor: This might not be emergent, but there are dangerous problems that start with small streaks of blood in the vomit. If you've been vomitting a lot, vomitting really forcefully, or drink a lot of alcohol this could be deadly if it progresses. You could have a ulcer that's just starting to involve a blood vessel that could bleed much worse soon. Call your doctor today; call 911 if it worsens. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can hemangiomas make you vomit blood and are they painful?
- What makes you vomit blood?
- What can cause you to vomit blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can high blood pressure make you pass out and faint?
- What can blood in vomit look like red or pink or black?
- Can antibiotics make you vomit?
- What can you have before a fasting blood test?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free