Doctor insights on:
What Options Besides Knee Replacement
Are there total knee replacement options, besides traditional artificial joint replacement surgery?
Yes: Alternatives to total knee replacement include partial knee repalcement and osteotomy. Partial knee replacement is done if the arthritis is confined to only one part of the knee. Osteotomy is done if there is an angular deformity contributing to overloading of one side of the joint. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Simple stuff first: There are very few downsides to trying prolotherapy. You can try prolotherapy and if it does not work then consider other options for arthritis such as knee replacement. Knee replacement is the last option and should be considered after several other arthritis treatment options have been exhausted. There is no going back to prolotherapy after tkr. ...Read more
Yes options: There are several types of total knee designs. Most major companies make good products today. If you are young, ask your doc the survival rates of the design they use. There are several designs now with >20 year survivorship. Most important variable is a great installation with precision alignment and ligament balancing by your surgeon. If only one side is worn look into makoplasty partial knees. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does knee replacement treat arthritis? Is knee replacement a good option for treating arthritis?
Arthritis: Arthritis by definition is the loss or wearing away of the articular cartilage within the knee joint. In a total knee replacement, the cartilage is replaced with the prosthetic components, thereby getting rid of the arthritis permanently. For severe, end-stage arthritis, knee replacement is the best option. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there an option to repairing a knee that has worn out cartilage, other than total knee replacement?
MAKOplasty: I have performed over 560 makoplasty procedures and it is very very safe . It is superior to all other techniques for precise installation of partial knee replacements. When performed by an experienced makoplasty surgeon, it allows us to balance the tension of your ligaments within a millimeter and make the implants track centrally so they last decades. Mine all go home the same day, little pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Knee pain. Knocked , hyperextended n arthritic knees. 56. Too young for knee replacement. Other treatment options?
I'm taking aspirin ec and need to know what to take for pain. Had knee replacement 5 weeks ago. Is Tylenol only OTC option?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of exercise bike is recommended for knee replacement therapy?
- What is the popping i hear after knee replacement surgery?
- What is the average recovery and rehabilitation time after a knee replacement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the common response to rehabilitation after partial knee replacement?
- What exercises can i do to get my knee to bend more freely after knee replacement?
- What is the recovery typically like from a total knee replacement?
- What are the causes of stiffness after total knee replacement?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free