Doctor insights on:
What Nutritional Value Do Onions Have
I don't like onion and garlic ..Can this affect my health ? Is there other food that can give me the same nutritional value ?
USDA: There are many resources but looking for the usda nutrient tables is a very broad base and those sites will be a start. There are other sites that maintain nutrient values for different foods. You will find some differences, depending on the source. ...Read more
No: It depends on how long they are steamed -- steaming to mush is not a good idea. But moderate steaming is generally a very tasty and healthy way to cook veggies. Some, like broccoli, even become more digestible when steamed. Colors become more intense green too! ...Read more
If they had been: fresh - it can kill enzymes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rarely improves!: You don't destroy mineral, but if you cook with water you will lose them. Feat (prolonged) will destroy some vitamin content, and you will also lose some in water. Best to steam o microwave foods. Grilling is fine to a point as is baking! ...Read more
Do your research: There are many internet sites which show nutritional value of food. One example is http://www.Whfoods.Com/foodstoc.Php some fast food restaurants also list the values of their dishes online so you can see before you order. Center for science in the public interest http://www.Cspinet.Org/ is another resource -- informative newsletter ; web site. Read labels of boxed or processed foods! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What nutritional value do bananas have in pregnancy?
- Do blackberries have a nutritional value?
- Do celery leaves have nutritional value?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nutritional value of sour cream onion potato chips
- Do onion have purines in it?
- Do onions have vitamin k?
- What nutritional value does pure agar have on bacteria?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free