Doctor insights on:
What Normal Dosage Of Penicillin For Adults
Doxycycline: Doxycycline for 2-4 weeks is recommended if penicillin cannot be given, or sometimes ceftriaxone. However, penicillin is by far the best drug. If you had a severe penicillin allergy in the past, then probably penicillin should be avoided. Otherwise, it still might be the best choice for you. Discuss it with your doctor or, even better, an infectious diseases or STD specialist. ...Read more
Can i take more than the recommended dosage of penicillin tablets in one day to quicken the treatment.?
No. : The length of time forest treatments cannot be shortened by increasing dosing. ...Read more
Tested positive for syphilis & got one penicillin injection July 1, 14 days now most signs are gone. Still some tongue discolor. How long to be normal?
I had a penicillin allergic reaction about 3 weeks ago and i feel like my skin has become a lot more sensitive. Is that normal?
May be normal: Depending on what kind of reaction to penicillin you had, 3 weeks out from a reaction, it may be reasonable for your skin to still feel more sensitive. Usually this occurs in patients with delayed type reaction to penicillin. If you still feel that you are having symptoms you should see the doctor that diagnosed your penicillin allergy. You may need medications to help calm your skin. ...Read more
I have tonsillitis and I have been on penicillin for 5 days, I had blood in phlegm last night and this morning, is this normal? I'm worried
I am on penicillin 2000mg for tonsillitis. It's now my fourth day on them and I can smell it in my urine, is this normal?
Entirely normal: Penicillin and related drugs (ampicillin, amoxicillin, and others) have a characteristic strong odor, and are excreted in the urine. Therefore, strong urine odor is normal when taking penicillin. No problem, nothing to worry about. But if you remain concerned, discuss it with your doctor. ...Read more
My left tonsil has been swollen for 6 days ive been taking penicillin past 24 hrs how long before the tonsil returns to normal? btw its not causing any obstruction but theres a white spot next to it
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal percentage of body fat for a young adult woman?
- What is the normal length of time for people to take flagyl for diverticulitis?
- What dosage of ibuprofen is generally prescribed for sciatica?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal dose of cymbalta for depression?
- What is a normal oxygen level for an adult female?
- What is a normal reading of cholesterol for a 45 year old?
- What is the range of normal gestation for humans?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online