Doctor insights on:
What Microphthalmos Mean
Yes: As a geneticist, i routinely see individuals with microopthalmia as part of a genetic syndrome. Cosmetic surgery can improve the appearance but it depends on the microopthalmia and the anatomy around the eye. If musculature is absent or bony abnormalities exist then surgery is not recommended. Talk to a plastic surgeon experienced with facial reconstruction. ...Read more
No it's not cosmetic: Some carriers will cover ths.Get a more detailed answer ›
Unique : Its true, we are all special & unique. We all poses & express a unique combination of genes that no one before us or after us will exhibit in exactly the same way. It is this uniqueness which makes us special & that is something i love about being a doctor. The opportunity I have to connect with so many interesting & unique people & engage in something so important & meaningful as their health. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What does it mean to be "in control of your emotions"? I thought emotions happen and you then deal with the situation?
In control: You're right, emotions arise, and you deal with the situation. Being "in control of your emotions" does not mean not having the emotions -- it usually refers to being in charge of what you do with or about them. When angry, do you physically attack the person you're angry at, or do you speak with them about what angered you? Do you let yourself cool down before acting? These are important. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a cpk of 240 mean?
- What does it mean if you feel a pulse in your stomach?
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- What does it mean if your poop is yellow and runny?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- What does it mean when your urine smells like fish?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free