Doctor insights on:
What Medicines Can I Take With Gastric Bypass Surgery
Chew calcium citrate: Calcium citrate is the form best absorbed after a gastric bypass. Make sure it's a chewable form, and that you chew it thoroughly. Since iron, magnesium, and calcium all "fight" to be absorbed in the small intestine, please space these minerals at least 1 hour apart. Not taking calcium (2000 mg a day = two 500-600 mg tablets twice a day) will rob your bones of calcium and give you osteoporosis. ...Read more
I know gastric bypass surgery is a great weight loss tool, but can patients take diet pill to help speed things up?
Can you use garcinia cambogia even after having had gastric bypass surgery 14 yrs ago and I'm also on a blood thinner. Eliquis and take metropolol ?
This is a question-: -only your treating physician can answer. Talk to him/her. ...Read more
Is it safe to continue B12 injections when pregnant? I take 1, 000mcg of B12 monthly (because of gastric bypass surgery). Thanks.
Gastric bypass: read this for information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_bypass_surgeryGet a more detailed answer ›
Operations: In terms of ultimate weight loss, the bypass would be #1 followed closely by sleeve. The band would be a distant third. For fixing problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, the ranking is the same. Sleeves are a good option for someone without diabetes or heartburn. If you have those problems or have a bmi over 50, the bypass is a better option. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i eat after gastric bypass surgery?
- When can i take ibuprofen gastric bypass
- Can i take ibuprofen after gastric bypass?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i have skim milk after gastric bypass surgery?
- What iron supplements can gastric bypass patients take?
- What fruits can you eat after a gastric bypass surgery?
- What cold medicine can i take if on dilantin?
- Talk to a cardiologist online