Doctor insights on:
What Medicine Can You Take If You Are Pregnant With A Cold
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
?symptoms?: Depends on what symptoms you're having. Mostly a cold (upper respiratory/viral infection) improves with time, rest, hydration. Steam or mist may help (think humidifier, warm shower, soups, tea). Check with your OB if you feel like you still need medication despite doing those things. Don't smoke or be around second-hand smoke. Feel better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What kind of cold medicine is safe to take while pregnant?! I am currently about 6 weeks right now.
None, pg or not.: OTC cough and cold medications have no good data to support their efficacy and have been shown, time and time again, to cause side effects that aggravate or worsen the cold. Menthol cough drops or a Vicks nasal inhaler to help you blow your nose, Chloraseptic or Cepastat for pain or tickle from post nasal drip, fluids, steam: not harmful supportive measures. See http://tinyurl.com/osmaxzo ...Read more
Yes: Many are ok to take depending on how far along you are. Your OB should have a list to give you. ...Read more
I've had a cold for 2 weeks already could that be a symptom? And what medicine can I take if I am pregnant
See your doctor: You have symptoms which could be serious and should see your physician. He/she will listen to you, do a physical examinarion, run some tests, and let you know what's going on. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you take for a cold while pregnant?
- What type of cold medicine can you take while breastfeeding?
- Can you take allergy medicine with cold medicine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take allergy and cold medicine together?
- Can you take antibiotics with cold medicine?
- What cold medicine can i take if on dilantin?
- What cold medicine can i take with zoloft?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free