Doctor insights on:
What Medicine Can I Take For A Cold With Dilantin And Tegretol
Drug interactions: Pretty much all the ingredients in the over the counter cold medications have some interaction with Dilantin and/or tegretol, including increased liver toxigscity (from acetaminophen) and increased sedation. I would suggest you discuss the problem with your family doctor. Also, look at medlineplus.Gov (the national library of medicine patient education site) choosing drugs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dilantin (generic name phenytoin) is a drug that has been used to treat seizure disorders since 1938. It is a sodium channel blocker that is effective in treatment of epilepsy but it has significant side effects. Because of that many newer drugs have been developed ...Read more
Epilepsy, pregnancy i want to have children, my partner had epilepsy , he is claiming that when he was 10 years old he was cured by going to church and it is about 32 years that he doesn't have epilepsy and deosnt use dlantin and tegretol, he also claimed
Male 21years,7yearssigns of epilepsy displayed,12 years takes medication,Tegretol 200mg , 3 once a day.he didn't have improvement .change medicine?
Maybe more: Your doctor should be measuring the level in your blood to see if you can take more if you need it to reduce the pain. If not, there are many other meds to try. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What cold medicine can i take if on dilantin?
- What cold medicine can i take with zoloft?
- Can i take ambien with cold medicine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take ibuprofen or acetaminophen with cough or cold medicines?
- What happens if i take cold medicine while breastfeeding?
- What cold medicines can my father on blood pressure medicines with glaucoma take?
- What type of cold medicine can you take while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a neurologist online