Doctor insights on:
What Medications Can Help Alleviate The Pain Of A Root Canal
Pain following rct: Tylenol (acetominophen) and nsaids (such as advil, ibuprophen, Motrin etc) work well in calming pain following root canal as well as other dental treatment. If the pain continues for more then 2 days without improvement, contact your dentist to have him/her look at the tooth. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It's almost 3am now. Have a root canal appt at 9am. Patient instruction said no pain medication 12 hrs prior to appt. Can't fall asleep with the pain. What should I do?
Will a dentist always prescribe some type of antibiotic/pain medication after a root canal was performed?
One week has passed since my dentist put medication to kill the tooth pulpiin root canal procedure but there is still pain upon biting. Is this normal?
Tylenol: Tylenol is all you should take. You may also ask your ob-gyn if he receommends any other meds. You should not need to take much pain meds after a root canal treatment. It should subside within a day or two. If not, then ask your dentist to refer you to an endodontist, who is a root canal specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No great answer: Teeth that are beginning w symptoms that are mild to moderate usually respond well to nsaid's. As the tooth problem matures/worsens, I have not found a medication for pain that works universally. Even narcotic rx is rarely effective to control all pain. Antibiotics may be helpful, depends on the type & scope of infective progress. Get root canal treatment asap! the best "medicine" is treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can it be when a child complains of pain in the ribs?
- What can i do to help repair and alleviate pain from a damaged nerve in my hand?
- I have a pain in the ball of my foot what otc insoles will help
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can the family of a person with manic depression do to help support them?
- Can kidney stones cause a pain in the tip of your penis?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is damaged?
- When i exhale i get a sharp pain on the left rib cage what can this be
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free