Doctor insights on:
What May Happen As Pulmonary Fibrosis Progresses
What are the prognosis when diagnosed with mild pulmonary fibrosis and tests have shown it has not progressed over a couple of years?
Sure, i've heard of pulmonary fibrosis. But now that my child may have it, I want to know what it really does to the body.?
Depends: On the cause of the fibrosis; may processes causes lung scarring (fibrosis). Some are well understood (e.g. Asbestos) and others are under investigation but not yet clearly understood (ipf/uip or so called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis). Each cause of fibrosis has a different outcome, and some have treatments while others do not (other than transplant). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
CT of ab says "There is groundglass attenuation in the left lung base in addition to curvilinear opacity, may be secondary to pulmonary fibrosis" ?
No and Yes: At this time the only curative intervention for pulmonary fibrosis is lung transplantation. There are no medications that have been proven to cure the disease. Some medicines may help (such as steroids, n-acetylcysteine and pirfenidone) slow the disease however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: As the disease progreses air exchange is lessenend you would feel short of breath. In addition pressure at the pulmonary vasculature increases a commonly used agent is Revatio which is sildefanil (viagra) used for erectile dysfuction. . Decreses pulmonary vessel pressure. Avoidance of smoke and other inhaled irritants is paramount ! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Typically, patients are in their forties and fifties when diagnosed. Pulmonary fibrosis could be idiopathic (unknown cause), or due to asbestosis, silicosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus (sle), sarcoidosis, certain medications, radiation and many more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If I can exercise less and less over the past few months does that mean I have pulmonary fibrosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to expect in final stages of pulmonary fibrosis?
- What are the end life symptoms of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- What is life expectancy for a patient with pulmonary fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary nodule?
- What happens to a lazy eye as you grow older?
- What happens to cerebral palsy patients as they grow older?
- Could having hamsters as pets contribute to pulmonary fibrosis
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free