Doctor insights on:
What Makes People More Susceptible To Colon Cancer
Many factors.: You are more at risk if you have 1st-degree relatives who have had colon cancer, or if you have certain hereditary diseases affecting the colon such as familial adenomatous polyposis. Age (older than 50) as well as a history of inflammatory bowel disease, previous colon ca, precancerous polyps, poor diet with high fat, low fiber and deficiency of Folic Acid and vitamin d are risk factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Final few yards of your intestine, between the terminal ileum (small bowell) and rectum. It squeezes water and solidifies waste to stool. It is subject to outpouching (divertics) polyps, and these can become cancers. The cells are abnormal, invade into the muscle and travel ...Read more
Pretty rare: Colon cancer is more prominent in the older population. The older someone gets, the more likely they are to have changes in their dna called mutations. These changes can lead to cancer. It is very rare for someone in their 20s to have enough of these mutations to cause cancer. It's possible to have inherited mutations, and these people develop colon cancer at an earlier age. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Full explanation please of why colon cancer is so rare in their 20s? But I read online of hundreds of stories people are telling about colon cancer in their 20s
It is rare: This normally is a disease of people over 50 and more typically in their 60's. Some theories about colon cancer suggest that a series of mutations must occur over time. This likely the reason that it is a rare disease in young patients. It can occur in the young as part of a genetic syndrome. Usually found in families. The typical rarely is news or of internet interest. The odd situation is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the factors that make it more likely to get colorectal cancer?
- What exercises help with pectus excavatum to make one look more regular?
- What to eat after cancer colon polyp removal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can having asthma make you more susceptible to colds?
- Are there people more susceptible to scabies?
- Why are some people more susceptible to coughs?
- Are there people more susceptible to pinworm?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free