Doctor insights on:
What Known Risk Factors Predispose A Person To Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Coronary artery dz: The most common cause is disease of the coronary arteries, but problems in the electrical conducting system can also be a cause. Cardiomyopathies of many different causes are associated with sudden cardiac arrest. Many of these people have implanted defibrillators to reduce this risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can unexplained sudden cardiac arrest with no known cause happen to people with healthy hearts? Is there anything that could avoid this ?
A 51 year old ex figure skater, who's in good shape had Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Are odds of SCA very low for someone with no known heart abnormalities?
Yes, but never zero.: Known for over 8 decades that 1/2 of US population has atherosclerosis by later childhood, despite typically no symptoms for decades. Symptoms are from plaque ruptures & clots, most without evident symptoms, yet can close major arteries within minutes: thus SCA with no warning signs in advance, including normal cholesterol & angiogram without evident problems days prior. ...Read more
Can years of alcohol and drug abuse result in a person's heart just giving out one day in a sudden cardiac arrest?
Long list: Sudden cardiac death had several causes: Coronary disease or heart attack may cause sudden cardiac death, but also sudden death can occur in patients with cardiac abnormality of the heart muscle that can be detected on echo cardiogram and sometime undetected on cardiac echo, electrical genetic anomaly may cause sudden death ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest in a young and previously healthy person?
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Risk factors that predispose an individual to suffer a stroke
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the predisposing factors to developing pressure sores?
- How common is sudden cardiac arrest in children?
- Serious cardiac arrhythmia that can result in sudden cardiac arrest
- What are risk factors for stroke?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free