Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Things Can You Drink If You Are Having A Colonoscopy
Clear liquids: Typical bowel prep instructions for a colonoscopy include a clear liquid diet the day prior to your colonoscopy or any oral liquid that you can see through. This includes water, apple juice, sports drinks, tea, black coffee, soda, etc. The key is to drink plenty of fluids during your bowel prep for your colonoscopy. ...Read more
Yes: In fact, most facilities where colonoscopies are performed, will make sure that you can handle some liquids/solid food before you leave. ...Read more
Probably yes: The usual dictum has been to remain on clear liquids the day before a colonoscopy exam. However, not uncommonly do we perform a colonoscopy on these patients and only find this out afterwards and usually the bowel preps are regarded as adequate. Please discuss this issue with your performing colonoscopist before doing so however. ...Read more
Yes: Drink it all to be sure the prep is good. The worst would be to do "most" of the prep (which is absolutely no fun) but then get to the colonoscopy and it be inconclusive because it wasn't clear enough to see. Then you're back at square one, starting over! Good luck! No one likes the stuff. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have to drink 2 liters of moviprep for my colonoscopy. Can't anymore after 1st liter. Is there anything else i can do?
Take break...: Go for a walk, give it about 30 minutes and try again. It doesn't mean you have to chug the whole thing in a few minutes--just don't go hours between efforts, will be less effective. ...Read more
I need 2 go 4 colonoscopy. test b4 is awful. I heard there is "1" drink u cn take & so much easier than long list they want me to do can u advise. ?
Never easy!: Read page 897 - the section labeled: PEG. http://www.asge.org/assets/0/71542/71544/4424ba4c2f1e4df9baf1fe6e4e854b5b.pdf ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid heel fracture?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid pancreatic cancer?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid carotid cavernous fistula?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink before a colonoscopy?
- Can you drink after a colonoscopy?
- Can you have a colonoscopy with a cold?
- Can you have a colonoscopy with hemorrhoids?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free