Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Pills Or Treatment Can Somebody Get For Pedal Edema
Depends on the cause: Pedal edema can be due to many different things. It could be from the heart, liver, kidneys, thyroid, etc. There are serious conditions that can cause pedal edema, as well as minor ones. It could also be a side effect of some medications. You should see your doctor to determine the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fluid in the tissues, either caused by something local to the swollen area like an injury or inflammation, or from the body's retention of water. Gravity brings the fluid to the feet & legs in that case. As a general rule, if one foot is swollen, something is wrong with the foot. If both feet are swollen, it's not the feet, but water ...Read more
Swollen feet.: Pedal edema (swollen feet) has any number of causes: venous disease, obesity, lymph problems, liver disease, kidney disease, or heart disease. High blood pressure often goes hand in had with these conditions. Some medicines (calcium channel blockers, thiazolidinediones, eg) can cause swelling too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is having pedal edema for a long time harmful? What type of medicines are
there foredema caused by lever deasease
Not Sensitivity: Pedal edema can be caused by many things. Some examples are: systemic conditions (one of the most well known is congestive heart failure), lymphedema, venous stasis, gravity when people stand for long periods, water retention from an increase in salt intake and many other causes. If this is affecting you, if is best to start with a visit to you primary care physician for an evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pedal edema: Edema is the objective finding of excess fluid (either intra or extra cellular) in tissue. This is unrelated to ability to walk. No matter how bad the edema in your feet gets it is still called pedal edema. However, if edema extends up to the level of the abdomen it is known as anasarca. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for cervical lymphadenopathy?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for hand pain?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for drug abuse?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for bruxism?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for cerebellar syndrome?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for muscle tear?
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for breathing problems?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free