Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Foods Can Increase Female Reproductive Hormones
A hormone (from greek ὁρμή, "impetus") is a chemical released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism. Only a little amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. In essence, it is a chemical messenger that transports a signal from ...Read more
Lots: Many hormones regulate reproduction. Fsh and LH help to grow and mature the eggs. Tsh (thryoid hormone system) and prolactin (milk hormones) help regulate the environment of ovulation. Male hormones such as testosterone and dheas affect ovulation and implantation. This is just the beginning. ...Read more
Hormones: This is an unusual question from a woman your age. Can you please be a bit more specific about your question. ...Read more
Many: Estrogen is produced usually when an egg is developing at the beginning of the reproductive cycle, responding to a FSH elevation from the pituitary. Then the LH surge occurs causing ovulation, which then produces Progesterone to help maintain implantation if pregnancy occurs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many hormones affect: The most well-known reproductive hormones are the gonadotropins, fsh and lh, from the pituitary gland, and the steroid hormones, estrogen and Progesterone in women, and testosterone in men. The gonadotropins stimulate the gonads, and the gonads make hormones that stimulate uterine lining and secondary sex characteristics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
EPILEPSY: No, it does not affect your reproductive hormones. ...Read more
Endocrinologists: microprolactinoma caused hh with very low t . In light of this, what would've been its likely affect on other reproductive hormones?
Gonadotropins: The hyperprolactinemia suppresses gnrh, gonadotropin releasing hormones. Therefore, lh and fsh are relatively low, leading to low testosterone. In women, amenorrhea/infertility. In men, low t, ed, etc. Cabergoline/bromocripine normalizes prolactin, and usually everything else, and usually shrinks the tumor. You should probably be seeing an endocrinologist. ...Read more
Can long term use of corticosteroid cream affect your endocrine system, and reproductive hormone levels?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kinds of foods can children eat if they have an aphthous ulcer?
- What foods can i eat to increase my energy level in last weeks of pregnancy?
- What kind of food can i make for my friend who has diabetes and kidney failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kinds of vitamins can men take to increase fertility?
- What kind of food can i eat to get rid of cataracts?
- What kind of healthy foods can i eat to add muscle tone?
- What kinds of food can be eaten for diarrhea?
- What kind of food can i eat the day before my colonoscopy procedure?