Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Doctor Treats And Specializes In Tongue Cancer
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Tobacco, alcohol: The majority of people who get tongue cancer have a strong history of tobacco use (either smoking or chewing) and/or alcohol use. The combination of the two increases the risk even more. The best thing you can do to reduce your risk is to eliminate tobacco use and moderate your alcohol consumption. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
YES..: This is likely due to tobacco use (including smokeless), and alcohol use. If use is great, cancer can come early, or present by about 50 years of age. There are all kinds of mutations that occur in cells due to this and these cause cancer cells to develop. Oral cancers like this can present as non-healing, painful ulcers. Whatever you do, don't use tobacco or smoke if you don't want this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor treats tongue cancer?
- What kind of doctor treats the tongue?
- What kind of doctor specializes in tongue problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of doctor treats tongue problems?
- What kind of doctors treats rectal cancer?
- What kind of doctor treats colorectal cancer?
- What doctor specializes in tongue?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free