Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Doctor Sees Somebody For Orbital Cellulitis
I went to my eye doc because I have swollen eyelids in mornings. Doc said my eyes are ok. Forgot to ask him about orbital cellulitis. Can that be it?
No: Orbital cellulitis is an infection of the orbit posterior to the orbital septum. The eye is red painfull can be proptotic limited eye movements and possibly loss of vision from a compressive optic neuropathy. Much more serious than just swollen eyelids. Needs immediate antibiotic therapy plus surgical drainage if a sub Pereosteal abscess is present ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Red, swollen & pain: Orbital cellulitis is infection around the eye socket. It most often comes from a bad sinus infection but can come from the skin as well. There usually is severe redness and swelling of the eyelids and pain as well. If the infection gets into the back part of the eye socket it can cause vision loss or double vision. This is a serious infection and must treated immediately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely: Orbital cellulitis is a potentially life-threatening infection. It often starts as a sinus infection, that "tracks back" into the eye socket. Once in the orbit, the infection can continue into the brain. Treatment includes intravenous antibiotics and possible surgical intervention. The earlier it is caught and treated, the better the outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually yes: Orbital cellulitis is a serious infection around the eye socket that causes severe redness, swelling and pain of the upper and lower eyelids. It is a serious infection that must be treated emergently and aggressively with antibiotics and sometimes surgical drainage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for testicle pain?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for arm pain?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for ringworm on the scalp?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for bruxism?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for small bowel obstruction?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for alcohol abuse?
- Talk to a dermatologist online