Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Doctor Diagnose Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Ploymyalgiia : Rheumatologist treats them . Internist can treat them too. ...Read more
Inflamation muscle: Autoimmune disorder of muscles leading to diffuse muscle pain. It is usually identified by abnormal blood tests indicating inflammation such as increased CRP sed rate, and is usually treated with oral steroids like Prednisone it usually responds quickly to higher doses which are then tapered down to the lowest effective dose. The disease may come and go. ...Read more
Autoimmune: Polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr) is an autoimmune disease that occurs in people 50 years of age and older. It is associated with severe pain and stiffness in the shoulders and hips. Pmr can also lead to blindness due to inflammation in blood vessels of the eye. Pmr is treated with steroids and Aspirin to prevent blindness. Other medicines (antibiotics) are sometimes used to prevent steroid effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many aches and pain: The definition is many muscles and joint pain. Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory arthritic disease that affects patients above 50 years old. It is associated with shoulder, upper arm (muscles), hip, upper leg (muscles) pain and stiffness. It can be associated with fevers and weight loss. True weakness comes from the pain and stiffness of the muscles and joints. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor treats polymyalgia rheumatica?
- What kind of doctor can diagnose gynecomastia?
- What kind of doctor will diagnoses and treat hand tremors?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of doctor treats tongue problems?
- What kind of doctor do i need to see for genital warts?
- What kind of doctor treats the tongue sores?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for testicle pain?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free