Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Doctor Can Prescribe Testing For A Learning Disability
What kind of doctor can prescribe testing for a learning disability? Where would you then go for testing?
Many: Your family doctor usually directs the care you receive and the specialists you see. Testing psychologists may perform some of the evaluation, as could a neurologist or developmentalist. Speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational specialists may also be involved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: Your family doctor usually directs the care you receive and the specialists you see. Testing psychologists may perform some of the evaluation, as could a neurologist or developmentalist. Speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and educational specialists may also be involved. ...Read more
If I suspect that I have a learning disability or even an intellectual disability, should I investigate this and go see a doctor?
Your doctor can : refer you to a psychologist or neuropsychologist to test your cognitive & adaptive abilities. Intellectual Disability & Specific Learning Disorder with impairment in reading, written expression &/or math are both neurodevelopmental disorders that impair function before 18. A 3-generation family history, your medical, developmental, academic history & current functioning will help the examiner. ...Read more
I had a learning disability all through elementary and high school. Struggling in college for seven years. Are there any meds? Seeing doc on 31st
Specific Learning : Disorders (SLD) in reading, written expression & math occur in students with average or above-average IQ's. Ask your mom for copies of public school testing that made you eligible for Special Ed for SLD. Seek a neuropsychological evaluation to obtain academic supports from your college. Please read pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/124/2/837. Neither vision therapy nor medication is useful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Battery of tests: There are a battery of tests that are used by professionals to determine learning style and ability. Psycho-educational, learning achievement, & social tests are standard in children. Most school systems offer these through a child study team assessment. Neurodevelopmental testing can precede or follow these tests depending on severity of the problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of a doctor should i see for joint pain in my hand?
- What kind of doctor do i see for a slipped disk in my neck?
- Can someone tell me what kind of a doctor specializes in dyspareunia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my adhesive capsulitis of shoulder without going to a doctor?
- What kind of a doctor should i see for donor insemination if i am single?
- What kind of gross motor skills activities can you do for a disable children?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for a stuck vaginal foreign body?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free