Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Condition Is Dermatosclerosis
Bad disease: Scleroderma is a progressive disease that affects the skin and connective tissue (including cartilage, bone, fat, and the tissue that supports the nerves and blood vessels throughout the body). There are two major forms of the disorder. One localize and could effect the whole body. ...Read more
Clarify: There is no specific disease called "dermatosclerosis." do you mean scleroderma? If so, treatment options include drugs such as penicillamine, immunosuppressives, and antiinflammatory agents, but there is no definitive cure. If you mean something else, please let us know. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Thickened skin: It is a thickening of the skin usually on the upper back and back of the neck. More common in diabetics and heavier people. Treatment is difficult as medicine is partially effective in preventing progression of problem. ...Read more
Morphea: Limited scleroderma is called morphea and it is a inflammatory thickening of the skin which is thought to be a reaction to an infection. Early treatment with Minocycline can cause it to burn out leaving discoloration. Fractionated laser can be used on post morphea lesion to i prove color and texture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi, I was told I have 'markers for' limited scleroderma but that this doesn't mean I have the actual disease - but will i, eventually?
Discuss with MD: There is a panel of autoantibodies that are strongly associated with many connective tissue diseases that are thought to be due to autoimmunity. Systemic sclerosis has several markers that can help us stratify patient's risk for systemic versus ltd disease. I would recommend going over these markers with your md (ana, scl-70, anticentromere, anti-rnp, anti-thrnp, anti-pm-scl, anti-rna poly i/iii..). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of condition is a cystocele?
- What kind of condition is de quervain tenosynovitis?
- What kind of condition is having difficulty dealing with depression?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of condition is diabetic eye problems?
- What kind of condition is diverticulosis and diverticulitis?
- What kind of condition is social skills developmental delay?
- What kind of condition is dropsy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online