Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Complications Might Happen From An Upper Gi Series
UGI is pretty safe: Upper GI series x-rays esophagus, stomach & upper small intestine after you drink a chalky solution to coat the lining along with fizzies to distend the upper gut. Serious complications are really rare, but some people don't tolerate the volume of liquid, the sensation of distension, or are intolerant to the solution itself. They may vomit or aspirate the oral contrast agent, or have diarrhea. ...Read more
How safe is the radiation in an upper GI series or swallow?
Is it safe to have this test multiple times over the years?
I was sent for an upper GI series because i had burning in my stomach test came back negative
but now just soreness ?
Abdominal Pain: An upper GI would not reveal h. Pylori bacteria in the stomach, may not reveal gastritis(inflammation of stomach's lining) or gallbladder disease , depending upon technique & the expertise of the person interpreting the x-ray, even an ulcer can be missed. If symptoms persist, see your doctor. Referral to a GI specialist may be appropriate ultimately. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of complications might happen from a webbed finger or toe repair?
- What kind of complications might happen from a myomectomy?
- What kind of complications might happen from a chest ct scan with dye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of doctor can order an upper gi series?
- What is the fastest way to reduce a swelling of the eye from an injury?
- What kind of damage can happen if sprayed in the eye with a can of air?
- What kind of nerve damage can you get from lifting weights?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online