Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Cervical Mucus I Should Have When Ovulating
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
Roughly...: Around the time of ovulation, the amount of cervical mucus increases and it becomes more thin, clear, watery and elastic in response to estrogen produced in the body. After ovulation as the body shifts from estrogen to progesterone, the mucus becomes more thick, opaque and sticky. Tracking these changes can help you to know when you may ovulate, but is not a very reliable form of birth control! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No mucus: Obviously this is a concern… since this mucus is driven by estrogen which peaks midcycle i wonder about ovulation. Have you had any surgery done to your cervix-cryosurgery for an abnormal pap smear/cervical dysplasia or a leep procedure? I think a midcycle ultrasound will help elucidate whether or not your ovulating and you can actually see the mucus in the canal by ultrasound at that time. ...Read more
Normal: Cervical mucus is made in some amount all month long. ...Read more
Crude measure: If mucous behaves normally, big if, it changes from clear elastic to thick and non elastic with progesterone. So ovulation is a retrospectively evaluated event. When the change is noted, ovulation likely occurred 2-3 days prior. One should have sex roughly every 48 hours from cycle days 11-18 to best cover ovulation and it can't be better than that. Some will see "mucous" for days before ovul. ...Read more
Watery: It usually clear, watery, and abundant.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ovulation: Its possible, everyone is different.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have cervical mucus and not ovulate?
- I am ovulating but no cervical mucus
- What kind of food should i be eating when i am taking tamoxifen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of tests should i have if i have sleep deprived seizures?
- What kind of doctor should i be seeing if i have hepatitis?
- What kind of mindset should i have to strive for a healthy lifestyle?
- What kind of food should i eat if i already have osteoporosis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free