Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Birthcontrol That I Can Take While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Yes: Certain forms of hormonal birth control can decrease your milk supply and aren't recommended for breastfeeding mothers. However there are some progestin-only forms of birth control (pills, injections and iuds) that shouldn't affect your supply. Talk to your OB about what method might be right for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe: When you are exclusively breast-feeding in the first 6 months- no supplemental feedings ( of formula or food), feeding every 4 hours, and before your period returns, lactation/ breast feeding can be effective for birth control if used consistently. If you are not following these rules, using birth control is a good idea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it OK to take combination birth control while breastfeeding? It's OK if it reduces supply as baby is 13 months old but is it safe for him?
Yes--progestin only : appears to.be best. See http://www.babycenter.com/0_hormonal-birth-control-for-breastfeeding-moms_1465302.bcGet a more detailed answer ›
Birth control: Abstinence!Get a more detailed answer ›
Anytime: After stop your breastfeeding, you may resume ovulation soon. If you do not want to conceive, taking bcp is good option. Since you do not know when you will resume your menstrual period, it is ok to start bcp at anytime. It will help your period to starts after you taking the placebo pills. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of diarrhea medicine can i take while breastfeeding?
- What can i take for constipation while breastfeeding?
- What can i take for cough while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take for a migraine while breastfeeding?
- What can i take for diarrhea while breastfeeding?
- What can i take for upset stomach and diarrhea while breastfeeding?
- Can i take betaseron while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free