Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Anesthesia Do Get For Eye Surgery
It depends: This depends on the type of surgery. Many eye surgeries such as lasik and cataract surgery only use topical drops for anesthesia. Sometimes the topical drops are supplemented with mild sedation from IV medication or oral sedatives. Other eye surgeries such as retinal surgeries will have a local anesthesia with an injection around the eye. In rare cases we will use general anesthesia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rpk is a kind of eye surgery that the military provides to some active duty soldiers. when should I get the surgery after basic?
Does anyone know if it is possible to get some kind of lasik eye surgery after having a retina detachment?
It depends...: Depending on the type of eye surgery, you may have local anesthetic, sedation, or general anesthesia. Often, heavy sedation is used to perform an "eye block" for anesthesia, and then you receive light sedation for comfort. Few more complex or emergent eye procedures require general anesthesia. Most common eye surgeries such as Lasix (furosemide) or cataracts are done using local anesthetic and maybe sedation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can i get general anesthesia for epiphora surgery? I need to have surgery for epiphora, where the doctor will put a tube in to stop my eyes watering all the time. Can this be done under general anesthesia? The idea of being awake for this procedure frigh
Yes: Laser eye corrective surgery has gone through several generations of improvement in the technology and now is quite safe, minimally stressful and a terrific way to get rid of your eyeglasses and/or contact lenses. It will not restore the need for reading glasses in those over 40 however, but will give clear distance vision without glasses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of anesthesia do they put u on for eye surgery?
- Anesthesia for eye surgery
- What kind of anesthesia is used for colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for eye floaters?
- What kind of surgery do i need for a broken right thumb?
- Do you get anesthesia for a colonoscopy?
- What to do if vicks get in the eye?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free