Doctor insights on:
What Kind Of Accidents Can Result In A Liver Laceration
All kinds!: Liver injuries include blunt and penetrating. The latter are often caused by gunshots and stabbings, although industrial incidents also occur. In blunt force trauma, the most likely causes are car crashes, motorcycle wrecks and falls. Lacerations can be cause by direct trauma (e.g. Steering wheel impact) or deceleration and tearing of the livers attachments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
How long should I wait before drinking alcohol after a car accident with a possible liver laceration?
See below: Pain is the most common symptom. This is due to bleeding. If the live capsule is intact the bleeding will be contained in the liver and the pain will be focused in the right upper abdomen. If the capsule is torn the bleeding will be throughout the abdomen and the pain will be more diffuse. Other symptoms could be fast heartbeat, shortness of breath, pale skin, blacking out, decreased urine. ...Read more
Several weeks : A grade v liver laceration is severe. It will take several weeks to heal. Not only is the liver lacerated but you may have blood loss and it will take time to recover from other injuries. Start slow and build each day. If you over do it you will notice the next day. If you are taking narcotics for pain then use colace (docusate sodium) and senna. Be well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Kind accidents liver laceration
- Drink alcohol accident liver laceration
- I had mild liver lacerations after an accident last week can i drink alcohol
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for tendon laceration?
- What kind of vitamins can damage the liver?
- What kind of vitamins can help detox the liver?
- Can a liver laceration mean there was child abuse?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free