Doctor insights on:
What Is Your White Blood Cell Count Supposed To Be
RANGE: Between approx 5000 and 10000.Get a more detailed answer ›
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Quite a bit: And fluctuations within the normal range are a non issue. ...Read more
Depends: What is your white blood cell count? Why do want to raise it? Which of the WBC type do you wish to raise? Do not take any medications that are not prescribed by your doctor. ...Read more
Multiple reasons: A low white blood vell count can be present due to medications or drugs, chronic infections (e.g.Viral infections), autoimmune conditions, blood cancers, nutritional deficiencies, congenital problems or bone marrow failure states among other reasons. A thorough evaluation by a hemtologist is required. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leukopenia: A low white cell count can be caused by many things. Some people have low white cells due to a medication they are taking. Others are born with it. Others develop it because of dangerous conditions such as leukemia, viral infection, or autoimmune disease. Please consult with a hematologist to determine what form of leukopenia you have and to see if any treatment is necessary. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What if your white blood cell count is high?
- What should your white blood cell count be?
- What causes your white blood cell count to be low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if your white blood cell count is low?
- What would cause your white blood cell count to be low?
- What happens if your white blood cell count is high?
- How to increase your white blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free