Doctor insights on:
What Is Your Bellybutton Connected To As An Adult
Nothing!: The bellybutton is essentially scar tissue (left over from the neonatal umbilical cord) that is fused with the abdominal wall. There are some pediatric surgical problems involving remaining attachments to the umbilical stump, but normally the belly button is not "attached" to anything. In fact, many laparascopic surgeries use the belly button as an entry point into the abdomen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not true: Embryologically speaking, there is a loose connection, both being part of immature forming GI tract, but there is no physical connection, which is what you are asking, i think? ...Read more
19y/o F(DX: Inappropriate Sinus Tach): occasional abdominal & lower back pain. Just noticed a pulse feeling around bellybutton. Could be connected?
Pulsation: Prominent pulsation within the abdomen usually stems from the aorta which is a large artery and it is not too unusual to feel it especially in slender people. Abnormally prominent pulsations can be due to an aortic aneurysm Which can cause back and occasional abdominal discomfort. For peace of mind get examined by a physician who will perform a careful examination of your abdomen and then advise ...Read more
Can't really do that: There is no true "ligament" connected to the belly button. It is unlikely that the structure called the "umbilical ligament" could be injured by any activity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is your belly button connected to your liver?
- What ulnar nerve is connected to middle finger?
- What spinal nerve is connected to middle finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of the fat area between your bellybutton and waist?
- What might it mean for pus to be coming out of my bellybutton?
- I know i am flat footed could this be connected to my foot pain what should i do
- Tubes in your ears for adults
- What is your belly button connected to?