Doctor insights on:
What Is Your Belly Button Connected To
Can't really do that: There is no true "ligament" connected to the belly button. It is unlikely that the structure called the "umbilical ligament" could be injured by any activity. ...Read more
Pain in breasts, pain at right side of belly button, can't stay awake, awful heartburn. Connected? What is the problem? I'm 23.
Inside belly button tender/sore for days now a bit of blood expelling. Also noticed a bit of vaginal bleeding? Period NOT due. Connected?
Remotely possible.: The belly button is a warm, moist secluded area where infection can occur. Clean it out gently with hydrogen peroxide twice a day. If symptoms get worse or redness spreads, antibiotics are recommended. Re: association with vaginal bleeding, it could occur in the unlikely case that ectopic endometrium implanted there. This is too complex to explain here, so ask your physician for details. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Usually there is no significance to the way your baby's belly button appears. Sometimes babies will have what looks like a very big "outie" belly button in the first few months of life. This can be an umbilical hernia, which are harmless more than 95% of the time and will resolve on their own. If you're unsure if your baby has an umbilical hernia, ask your pediatrician to check his/her belly! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is your belly button connected to your liver?
- What does it mean when your belly button is tingling?
- What is your bellybutton connected to as an adult?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your belly button is swelled up?
- What causes your belly button to bleed?
- My belly button has a sharp pain to it what is this
- What causes pain next to your belly button?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online