Doctor insights on:
What Is Wrong With People Who Have Neurofibromatosis
Possible: NIH diagnostic criteria for NF1 with two or more of following features:1)6 or more café-au-lait macules over 5 mm in diameter prepubertal individuals over 15 mm in greatest diameter in postpubertal..2) 2or more neurofibromas or one plexiform neurofibroma.3)Freckling in armpit or groin areas4)Optic glioma (optic nerve tumor)5) > 2 Lisch nodules(iris of eye)6)typical bone lesions 7)1deg relative nf1 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nerve ; brain tumors: Neurofibromatosis, inherited problem, with varying degrees of involvement from mild to severe. Neurofibroma is benign tumor that originates from the nerve cells.Tumors usually arise from nerves in the skin or jut under the skin.Type 1 usually appears in children with brown flat skin spots, freckling in armpits, and soft tumors under the skin and sometimes bone deformity.Type 2 usually brain tumors. ...Read more
Congenital condition: Neurofibromatosis is an autosomal dominant genetic disease, meaning if one of your parents has the disease you have a 50% chance of inheriting the disease. There are also instances of spontaneous mutation in about half of cases where an individual has the disease but it is not seen in family members. Either way, you are born with the condition, but may not see symptoms until later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Long history: von Recklinghausen's (NF1) has pictorial history, dating back to thirteenth century.In 1768, Akenside published a scientifically-based description of NF1, recognizing that scholars such as Parè and Aldrovandi, in fact suffered from a disorder of the nerves.Neuromas of NF1 were first detailed by Smith in 1849, but Frederick von Recklinghausen is credited with its discovery and coined the name. ...Read more
Neurofibromatosis: Neurofibromatosis or nf is an inherited disorder or one that occur spontaneously in a patient. It is a disorder that involves the nerves, structures that carry information from the brain to outlying parts of our bodies. In nf there are tumors, which in most cases are benign that arise from these nerves. The disease is extremely variable in how it affects a patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the demographics of people who have addisons disease?
- What tea is good for people who have high blood pressure?
- What is the best oil for cooking to the people who are having blod cholesterol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best exercise equipment for people who have joint pain?
- What is the life expectancy for people who have spinal muscular atrophy?
- What is the lifespan for people who have treacher collins syndrome?
- What type mental disorder does someone who stalks people have?
- Talk to a dermatologist online