Doctor insights on:
What Is Wrong With My Finger Nail It Has A Tan Or Coffee Color Line Growing Out
1). My toe finger nail has partially dead and it is not growing good..., What does this symptom means...?
Ok: That is a fairly common complaint. Only on one finger it is not a concern. ...Read more
There is this hard skin growing under my index finger nail , and it doesn't hurt at all however it is becoming annoying and creates an irritation.
No known injury but finger nail bed came up bruised and nail fell off, new nail grew through but is now bruised again for no reason, what is wrong?
Onychomycosis.: Onychomycosis, or toenail fungus. Is a growth of plantlike matter within the substance of the toenail. As a toenail grows out the fungus attaches to its distal edge and move proximally or toward the body. Onychomycosis is usually caught in males much easier than in females, and many of those males have been in the armed forces previously with contact with the fungus in showers and and barracks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It may hurt, but...: There is a small piece of nail still embedded in the corner. You need to get that out. Soak to soften the area and try to get it free. If you can't get it out on your own, a doctor can. Sometimes this can be done without numbing the finger, but often, anesthesia is necessary. If it is a chronic condition, there is a very successful surgery that can be done to permanently correct the problem. ...Read more
Warmth: Warmth for 20 minutes 2-3 times a day can increase blood supply and allow the area to heal more quickly. However, if swelling into the finger occurs, seek assistance, as it may be infected. If warm water soaking, use Epsom salts to prevent the skin from having osmotic damage to the healthy tissue. A heating pad wrapped around the hand will work, just as well. Prevent with longer nails. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What if my pregnancy test has a faint line?
- Anyone know what this brown line growing on my fingernail could be
- I have a sore on my finger that is turningh green what is wrong
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My sister has blood under nail what does this mean
- What is wrong with my 16yo if he has little body hair and is very short?
- My big toe has a pain where i had fractured it months ago what am i doing wrong
- What could it possibky mean if my urine is commining out a greenish color?
- Talk to a dermatologist online