Doctor insights on:
What Is Wrong If You Have Blood In Your Stool
Multiple causes: There are multiple reasons to have blood in your stool. It could be from something simple like hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. Colitis, which is inflammation of the colon, can cause rectal bleeding, as can colon polyps or colon cancer, to name just a few. Blood in the stool can be very serious and should prompt a visit to your doctor so they can determine if further evaluation is needed. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Many things: Depending on where the bleeding is coming from (ie the upper GI tract, or the lower GI tract) it can be an ulcer, polyp, cancer, inflammation, or sometime the source is never found. All GI bleeding should be worked up, and you need to speak to your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My brother is 29 years old 45-50 pounds overweight, has the gout, and has had blood in his stool for the past week, what could be wrong?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is wrong when you have blood in your urine?
- What to do if you have blood in your stool?
- What is it if you have blood in your urine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does mean when you have blood in your stool?
- Blood in the stool
- Is it okay to have blood in your eyes if you have a black eye?
- If you have mouth pain an then your chest is tight what could be wrong
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online