Doctor insights on:
What Is Wrong If You Have Blood In Your Stool
Multiple causes: There are multiple reasons to have blood in your stool. It could be from something simple like hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. Colitis, which is inflammation of the colon, can cause rectal bleeding, as can colon polyps or colon cancer, to name just a few. Blood in the stool can be very serious and should prompt a visit to your doctor so they can determine if further evaluation is needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Black tarry stool: … Is a sign of internal bleeding and should be taken seriously. If this is occurring, I would go to the emergency room immediately. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of blood in the stool
- What to do if you have blood in your stool?
- What is it if you have blood in your stool?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause you to have blood in your stool?
- What would cause you to have blood in your stool?
- What happens when you have blood in your stool?
- What does mean when you have blood in your stool?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online