Doctor insights on:
What Is Viral Gastritis Is It Contagious
Depends: Usually isolated gastritis may not be infective at all, but rather due to toxins, materials in foods, and so on. Sometimes helicobacter pylorii is the cause and is not easily transmissible. When viral it may be transmitted to others but the route will depend upon the type of virus. Not a very specific answer, but a complex subject. ...Read more
Like a cold or flu: Like a cold of flu, one should expect a viral tracheitis or viral laryngitis to be contagious from a couple of days before the start of symptoms through 5-10 days of symptoms. The period of contagiousness in one individual person is unpredictable, so if somebody needs to be extra safe, then he should stay away from the sick person until a couple of days after all symptoms are gone. ...Read more
Is viral pneumonia contagious? A child where i work was diagnoised with viral pneumonia. Is it contagiious?
Maybe: Viruses can be transmitted person to person, however a virus that causes pneumonia in one person may not necessarily cause pneumonia in another person who is infected with it. For example the flu can can cause a fever, muscle aches and few lung symptoms in one person but a severe pneumonia in another. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Difficult to answer: There are many different viruses that can cause bronchitis, all with different incubation periods and different time frames for viral shedding. But, if you have active symptoms like fever, nasal congestion, sore throat, etc., you are likely contagious. The associated cough can last longer than the viral infection so if all the other symptoms are gone, you are possibly no longer contagious. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes ulcerative colitis is it contagious?
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- What does it mean if your poop is yellow and runny?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a muscle twitching around my rib cage what is it
- Everytime i swallow something it feels like my throat is being cut what is it
- What does it mean if your tongue is yellow or orange?
- I have a little white hard bump that developed on my eyelid what is it
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online