Doctor insights on:
What Is Ts4 And Ts3 Thyroid Testing
Im being tested for overactive thyroid. The doctor put me on clonazepam and citalopram in the mean time for severe anxiety/panic attacks. Is severe weeakness a symptom of the thyroid or the meds?
Hard to say: Without knowing your thyroid test results, this is very hard to say. If the weakness onset was right after starting the medications, that may be the cause. If you have sever hyperthyroidism ( TSH is very low and your free thyroxine, t4, is very high), then your thyroid could be contributing. An evaluation by your doctor shoudl be able to tell the difference, or find another explanation. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a pituitary and thyroid dwarfism?
- What is the correlation between fibromyalgia tuberculosis testing and lupus?
- What if my thyroid is swallon and have a lot of flam?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the t3 and t4 tests for thyroid?
- What is a thyroid and what does it do?
- What is hpv and its causes?
- What is a thyroid nodual?
- What are normal thyroid ts3 and ts4 levels?