Doctor insights on:
What Is Ts4 And Ts3 Thyroid Testing
I'm being tested for overactive thyroid. The doctor put me on clonazepam and citalopram in the mean time for severe anxiety/panic attacks. Is severe weeakness a symptom of the thyroid or the meds?
Hard to say: Without knowing your thyroid test results, this is very hard to say. If the weakness onset was right after starting the medications, that may be the cause. If you have sever hyperthyroidism (TSH is very low and your free thyroxine, t4, is very high), then your thyroid could be contributing. An evaluation by your doctor shoudl be able to tell the difference, or find another explanation. ...Read more
Thyroid Hormone and Function studies can get complicated depending on the background of the Discussants. The Labs also. For simplification: Hyper- Thyroidism is when the Thyroxine Level is High and the TSH is Low. -
And Hypo- Thyroidism is when TSH is Higher than Normal ranges. Using Globalrph: Thyroxine (Free T4) Normal Range = 0.8-2.8ng/dL
-TSH Normal Range = 0.5-4.7uU/ml ...Read more
Not at same time: A person might be both hyper- and hypothyroid at different times in his/her life, but you can't be 'actively' both at the same time, nosiree. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What are normal thyroid ts3 and ts4 levels?
- Testing thyroid tshwhilst on antibiotics
- Hormone testing for panic disorder and thyroid disorder
- What are they testing for with a swab test?
- What is thyroid?
- What test is for testing numbess in the lungs?
- Going to urologist what testing will be done
- What is the correlation between fibromyalgia tuberculosis testing and lupus?
- Blood test range ts4